Since 25 Years we are active as specialist in our line of business. Intelligent building claddings get defined precisely in an integrated planning process in close consulting with our clients.
Facade concepts are analyzed exactly – the use of new materials including surfaces are examined and developed further. Complete glass constructions, their mounting and the necessary thickness of the glass can be previously calculated and optimized with the help of FEM – calculations.
Beside the development of economical building claddings we support the main planning engineer / architect with the quality management during the construction of the building.
- 1975 - 1979
- Practical experience in production and assembly in various metal construction companies
- 1979 – 1983
Study of mechanical engineering at the technical college Northeim
Diploma with specialization in metal construction
- 1983 – 1990
- Project manager in the technical office of a medium-sized facade construction company in southern Germany with 300 employees
- Self-employed in own office
- Foundation of Gerhard Weber & Partner GmbH
- Foundation / change of name IFP-Weber GmbH & Co. KG
- 1987 - 1992
- Training and practical experience in a leading medium-sized metal construction company
- 1992 - 1994
- Training as a state-certified technician at the TSA in Kempten
- 1994 - 2005
- Project manager in a medium-sized metal construction company with focus on planning, consulting, calculation and distribution
- 2005 - 2012
- Technical field service and project management of a leading metal construction company with focus on high security facades (Baden-Württemberg, Bavaria and Switzerland)
- 2013 - now
- Technical manager in the engineering office Gerhard Weber & Partner GmbH
- since 05/2017
- Managing Director - IFP - Weber GmbH & Co. KG
The building envelope is an important component of any structure. It can contribute significantly to maintaining the value of a property. Inadequately planned and poorly executed facades lead to significant losses in value in the medium and long term. According to a study by the FVHF, the amount of damage amounts to approx. 3.4 billion EUR per year, which contractors and building owners have to spend to correct faulty construction work. Approximately 40% of these costs are due to deficiencies in planning and 60% to material and execution deficiencies. Reason enough to use a planning and construction quality assurance as a supporting measure by a facade expert.